If you are looking for a fun and exciting new activity, try rock climbing! You don’t have to plan an elaborate and exotic trip, just to scale a mountain. Nowadays, many gyms offer indoor climbing, so you don’t even have to go outdoors. You can go to an indoor climbing gym before or after work or whenever you are in the mood. Here are 7 reasons why you should give rock climbing a try.
1. For beginner climbers, minimal investment is required for getting started. Many indoor gyms allow you to rent the climbing equipment and you can get a day pass without getting a gym membership.
2. It is a highly rewarding activity, it will not only make you stronger, a better team player, but it will also improve your concentration and problem solving skills, as each route is like a jigsaw puzzle you have to solve in order to complete.
3. Staying motivated is easy. The more you climb, the better you will get and you will be able to easily measure your progress by the grade of your climb. Imagine the sense of accomplishment that comes with it.
4. Want to stay fit? It’s a complete workout to improve stamina and muscle strength.
5. Definitely not boring, you will feel adventurous.
6. Don’t have a climbing partner? Don’t worry, you can always do some bouldering* and if you are up for top roping**, many gyms will help you find a climbing partner.
7. It is a fun and exciting activity you can do together with your friends and family, but you can also meet new people while you are climbing and discussing about the routes.
Now that you are convinced, find a local indoor gym so that you can see for yourself how fun rock climbing is. Once you decide you like climbing and you will stick to it, it is a good idea to purchase your own climbing gear, such as a chalk bag, harness and climbing shoes. two Ogres provides affordable, high quality, fun and functional chalk bags, check out our current deals.
Comments will be approved before showing up.